Last updated June 29, 2022
This privacy notice for Minna Learning Oy (“MinnaLearn,” “we,” “us,” or “our“), describes how and why we might collect, store, use, and/or share (“process“) your information when you use our services (“Services“), such as when you:
- Visit our website at https://www.minnalearn.com/, or any website of ours that links to this privacy notice
- Engage with us in other related ways, including any sales, marketing, or events
- This privacy notice does not apply to individual online courses (courses.minnalearn.com) or other education services we provide.
Should you have any questions or requests regarding the processing of your personal data by MinnaLearn in relation to the course, please send such questions to email@example.com.
1. What Information Do We Collect?
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you express an interest to join our mailing list or otherwise when you contact us.
The personal information we collect may include the following:
- email addresses
- job titles or the department that you work for
- contact preferences
We do not ask for or process sensitive information.
Information automatically collected
Some information — such as your Internet Protocol (IP) address and/or browser and device characteristics — is collected automatically when you visit our Services.
2. How Do We Process Your Information?
We process your information to provide, improve, and administer our Services, communicate with you, for security and fraud prevention, and to comply with law. We may also process your information for other purposes with your consent such as our newsletter.
3. What Legal Bases Do We Rely On To Process Your Information?
We process your personal information when we believe it is necessary and we have a valid legal reason (i.e., legal basis) to do so under GDPR or other applicable laws, like with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services or to fulfill our legitimate business interests.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and UK GDPR require us to explain the valid legal bases we rely on in order to process your personal information. As such, we may rely on the following legal bases to process your personal information:
- Consent. We may process your information if you have given us permission (i.e., consent) to use your personal information for a specific purpose. You can withdraw your consent at any time. Click here to learn more.
- Performance of a Contract. We may process your personal information when we believe it is necessary to fulfill our contractual obligations to you, including providing our Services or at your request prior to entering into a contract with you.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your information when we believe it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and those interests do not outweigh your interests and fundamental rights and freedoms. For example, we may process your personal information for some of the purposes described in order to:
- Send users information about special offers and discounts on our products and services
- Develop and display personalized and relevant advertising content for our users
- Analyze how our services are used so we can improve them to engage and retain users
- Support our marketing activities
- Diagnose problems and/or prevent fraudulent activities
- Understand how our users use our products and services so we can improve user experience
- Legal Obligations. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations, such as to cooperate with a law enforcement body or regulatory agency, exercise or defend our legal rights, or disclose your information as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Vital Interests. We may process your information where we believe it is necessary to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party, such as situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person.
4. When And With Whom Do We Share Your Personal Information?
We don’t share your information in specific situations described in this section and/or with the following third parties.
We may share your data with third-party service providers. We have contracts in place with our third parties, which are designed to help safeguard your personal information. The third-party tools that we may share personal information with are as follows:
- Advertising, Direct Marketing, and Lead Generation
Google AdSense, Mailchimp and Pipedrive
- Social Media Sharing and Advertising
LinkedIn advertising, Facebook advertising and Reddit plugins
- Web and Mobile Analytics
Google Ads, Google Analytics and Google Tag Manager
- Support and Help
Crisp, Hotjar, Typeform, Slack and Gsuite (Google, stored in the EU)
- Payment services
Adyen and Accountor
6. How Long Do We Keep Your Information?
We keep your information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purposes outlined in this privacy notice unless otherwise required by law. No purpose in this notice will require us to keep your personal information for longer than 2 years.
7. What Are Your Privacy Rights?
In some regions (like the EEA, UK, and Canada), you have certain rights under applicable data protection laws. These may include the right (i) to request access and obtain a copy of your personal information, (ii) to request rectification or erasure; (iii) to restrict the processing of your personal information; and (iv) if applicable, to data portability. In certain circumstances, you may also have the right to object to the processing of your personal information. You can make such a request by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will consider and act upon any request in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
If you are located in the EEA or UK and you believe we are unlawfully processing your personal information, you also have the right to complain to your local data protection supervisory authority. You can find their contact details here: https://ec.europa.eu/justice/data-protection/bodies/authorities/index_en.htm.
If you are located in Switzerland, the contact details for the data protection authorities are available here: https://www.edoeb.admin.ch/edoeb/en/home.html.
Withdrawing your consent: If we are relying on your consent to process your personal information, which may be express and/or implied consent depending on the applicable law, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at email@example.com
Opting out of marketing and promotional communications: You can unsubscribe from our marketing and promotional communications at any time by clicking on the unsubscribe link in the emails that we send, or by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
8. How Can You Contact Us About This Notice?
If you have questions or comments about this notice, you may contact our Data Protection Officer (DPO), Ville Valtonen, by email at email@example.com or by post to:
Minna Learning Oy
Käenkuja 3 A, Helsinki, 00500
9. How Can You Review, Update, Or Delete The Data We Collect From You?
Based on the applicable laws of your country, you may have the right to request access to the personal information we collect from you, change that information, or delete it. To request to review, update, or delete your personal information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.